Breast Lift Surgery near Cottonwood Heights, UT
If you’re unsatisfied with the way your breasts have become misshapen over the years, maybe you should consider a breast lift from NuVista Plastic Surgery near Cottonwood Heights, UT. Let Dr. Dayne Petersen and his professional staff help improve your breasts so they’ll be firmer and more aesthetically pleasing to you.
Breast lift, also referred to as mastopexy, is a cosmetic surgical procedure. What happens with a breast lift is extra skin is removed and the breast tissue is tightened to better position your breasts. The procedure of a breast lift is less extensive than breast enhancement, so more women are preferring this type of procedure to improve the shape and perkiness of their breasts.
In regards to safe and lasting breast lifts, locals in Cottonwood Heights, UT, can come to Dr. Petersen at NuVista Plastic Surgery. Our board-certified plastic surgeon has the experience, skill, and knowledge to enhance the shape and volume of your breasts.
Reasons Women Consider a Breast Lift
A breast lift, also known as mastopexy, is a surgical option to better change and improve the shape of your breasts. A lot of women elect to have this surgery due to a various factors, including:
- Age: As time progresses, people lose elasticity and firmness to different parts of the body. This is especially true about the breasts, because they are made up of soft tissue.
- Pregnancy: During pregnancy hormonal changes in the body will cause the breasts to get larger and heavier. This change in breast size can cause the ligaments in the breast to stretch and cause sagging, regardless of if you breastfeed.
- Weight Gain and Weight Loss: Gaining and losing weight can cause significant changes in breast tissue and affect the ligaments in the breasts. Although skin and ligaments are elastic, they cannot return to their original form after being stretched out.
- Gravity: Unfortunately, gravity affects everything, including the soft tissues in your body. Gravity, along with time, will cause the ligaments and tissue in the breasts to stretch.
A breast lift will get rid of the extra skin on and around the breasts so as to raise, reshape, and provide firmness for the breasts. The nipple and areola will be repositioned for a symmetrical look. The size of the areola may also be reduced. A breast lift can be done along with breast augmentation if the patient wishes to increase their breast size.
Benefits of a Breast Lift from NuVista Plastic Surgery
A breast lift helps the breasts to appear firmer, higher, and more youthful. This is done by reshaping breast tissue and removing excess skin. An implant can be used to increase bust size but this is not necessary for breast lift surgery. Some of the major benefits of a breast lift are:
- Improved Self-Confidence: A breast lift from NuVista Plastic Surgery in Draper, UT can improve your self-confidence. Sagging, drooping or uneven breasts can make a woman unhappy and insecure about her body.
- More Youthful or Attractive Breast Shape: Time, weight changes and even genetics affects the shape, size and appearance of breasts. A breast lift can return breasts to their previous shape and even fix problems with asymmetry.
- A Reduction in Skin-Related issues: Heavy, sagging breasts can lead to skin irritation due to sweating, chafing and potential yeast infections under the breasts.
Contact NuVista Plastic Surgery
NuVista Plastic Surgery is open to all women who want to do something about their physical features. Our breast lift surgery is recommended for women who are unsatisfied with the appearance of their breasts without significantly affecting the size.
Furthermore, we recommend women who plan to have a pregnancy in the future to hold off on breast lift surgery until after childbirth and breastfeeding.
If you’re interested in learning more about how a breast lift can change your body, contact NuVista Plastic Surgery at 801-261-5791.