Breast Lift Surgery near Holladay, UT
If you’re unhappy with the way your breasts have changed over the years, consider a breast lift from NuVista Plastic Surgery in Draper, UT. Let Dr. Dayne Petersen and his friendly staff help restore your breasts to firmer and more aesthetically pleasing.
Breast lift also referred to as mastopexy, is classified as a cosmetic surgical procedure. What it does is remove extra skin and tighten the breast tissue to better position your breasts. The procedure of a breast lift is less extensive than breast enhancement, so more women are opting for this procedure to restore their breasts’ shape and perkiness.
An incision will be made at the breast’s crease or around the areola. At Nuvista Plastic Surgery, it’s important to note that Dr. Petersen will consider your preference and body type before deciding where the incision will occur. Placement for the least visible scarring is also taken into consideration.
Regarding safe and lasting breast lifts, locals in Holladay, UT, can come to Dr. Petersen at NuVista Plastic Surgery. Our board-certified plastic surgeon has the experience, skill, and knowledge to enhance the shape and volume of your breasts.
Reasons Women Consider a Breast Lift
A breast lift, also known as mastopexy, is a surgical solution to alter the shape of your breasts better. A lot of women choose to have this surgery due to several factors, including:
- Age: As time progresses, people lose elasticity and firmness to different parts of the body. Skin elasticity is especially true for the breasts because they are soft tissue.
- Pregnancy: During pregnancy, hormonal changes in the body will cause the breasts to get larger and heavier. This change in breast size can cause the ligaments in the breast to stretch and cause sagging, regardless of if you breastfeed.
- Weight Gain and Weight Loss: Gaining and losing weight can cause significant changes in breast tissue and affect the ligaments in the breasts. Although skin and ligaments are elastic, they cannot return to their original form after being stretched out.
- Gravity: Unfortunately, gravity affects everything, including the soft tissues in your body. Gravity, along with time, will cause the ligaments and tissue in the breasts to stretch.
Women would prefer not to have low-hanging breasts, but the effects of gravity, pregnancy, breastfeeding, and aging cause the skin on your breasts to stretch out. Sagging occurs in breasts that lose their firmness and shape, but we can remediate this with a breast lift.
A breast lift will remove the extra skin on and around the breasts to raise, reshape, and provide firmness. The nipple and areola will be repositioned for a natural look. The size of the areola may also be reduced. Breast lifts are safe enough to be done with a breast augmentation if the patient wishes to increase their breast size.
Benefits of a Breast Lift from NuVista Plastic Surgery
A breast lift helps the breasts to appear firmer, higher, and more youthful. This is done by removing excess skin and reshaping the breast. An implant can be used to increase bust size but is not necessary. Some of the significant benefits of a breast lift are:
- Improved Self-Confidence: A breast lift from NuVista Plastic Surgery in Draper, UT, can improve your self-confidence. Sagging, drooping or uneven breasts can make a woman unhappy and insecure about her body.
- More Youthful or Attractive Breast Shape: Time, weight changes, and even genetics affect breasts’ shape, size, and appearance. A breast lift can return breasts to their previous shape and even fix problems with asymmetry.
- A Reduction in Skin-Related issues: Heavy, sagging breasts can lead to skin irritation due to sweating, chafing, and potential yeast infections under the breasts.
Multiple factors are taken into consideration when it comes to breast lift surgery, which you can talk about with Dr. Petersen during your consultation. Some factors to consider are your breast size and shape, the firmness of your breasts, the position of your areola, and your skin’s elasticity.
Incision points are typically made surrounding the areolae in either a vertical or horizontal fashion.
Once the incision has been made, Dr. Petersen will lift and reshape your underlying breast tissue. The areola will then be placed into a symmetrical position. When that is done, the excess skin is removed to restore firmness and the skin’s youthful appearance. Stitches are placed deep within the tissue and on the skin to close the incision.
A typical mastopexy breast lift surgery can take about three hours.
Contact NuVista Plastic Surgery
NuVista Plastic Surgery is open to all women who want to improve their physical features. We recommend our breast lift surgery to women who wish to do something about the appearance of their breasts without significantly affecting the size.
Furthermore, we recommend women who plan to have a pregnancy in the future hold off on breast lift surgery until after childbirth and breastfeeding.
If you’re interested in learning more about how a breast lift can change your body, contact NuVista Plastic Surgery at 801-261-5791.